In our day to day lives we’re surrounded by many sounds. I thought it would be interesting to list several sounds that are most comforting to me, the kind that make me sigh a happy sigh or send a tingle of excitement up my spine, sounds that give me the kind of peaceful feeling that all is well in the world. At first I wanted to list just 10, but then I came up with a few more that I had to include, and it could have been longer but I decided to leave it at 12.
1. The sound of crickets on a warm summer night
2. The sound of an airplane far above in the sky
3. The sound of a train in the distance
4. The sound of coffee brewing in the morning
5. The sound of the phone ringing (most times )
6. The sound of birds in the early morning (or once in awhile late at night)
7. The sound of firewood crackling in the fireplace
8. The sound of cowbells in the countryside
9. The sound of a rooster crowing in the distance
10. The sound of the ocean waves on the shore
11. The sound of a clock calmly ticking
12. The sound of children laughing and at play
What are some sounds you find comforting?